Looking at the brighter side, we are all yearning for this pandemic to end so we can go out and experience fun with friends and family.
Travelling has truly changed beyond recognition since the COVID-19 pandemic, as a result of the implementation of quarantine. And as many experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) predict, this virus will be with us for a long time.
While the quarantine period suggests that mobility will remain limited until a later time, it does not mean that travel is banned. And when travel restrictions loosen up, road trips would become the norm, since flights, ferries, and other public transportation would not be as safe and convenient as it used to.
Even though the pandemic may have put a dent on foreign travel, domestic tourism may perhaps be the new normal for people who still want to see the bigger world.
So, if you plan a road trip, why not travel on light vehicle without too much to spend to. Riding a motorcycle solo conveniently meets the need for physical distancing, something that is going to be the new normal for all.
So, if you think the pandemic has scrapped any travel plans you made, perhaps you may want to consider these destinations instead. And to see these places, all you will need is a trustworthy motorcycle to experience a different kind of adventure. Here are some suggestions:
- La Union and Baler — If you love beaches and surfing, it only takes about a 4-5 hour motorcycle ride from Manila to these two places. You can get to enjoy the beach sunset, live the surfer life, and have amazing food trips.
- Baguio — “The City of Pines” is always a popular destination for vacations and weekend trips because of its proximity to Manila and cooler climate, great food options, and all the interesting tourist destinations you can visit.
- Bicol — The Bicol Region is composed of six provinces, four of which are on the mainland on the southeastern end of Luzon: Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, and Sorsogon. Here you can enjoy amazing sceneries like Mayon Volcano and Bulusan Lake, and enjoy activities in CamSur Watersports.
- Ilocos Norte and Sur — Ilocos is also a large province you can visit and needs about 10-12 hours ride. It may be a grind but the culture of Vigan, the sceneries of the tourist spots, and the amazing sights of the wind turbines will make it all worth it.
- Samar — Samar is the third largest island in the country, where you can already visit all three of its provinces and even Leyte through the scenic San Juanico Bridge. A beautiful uncommercialized island with gems like Calbiga Cave, Lulugayan Falls, Mapanas Rock Formations, Borongan, Guian, Calicoan, and Marabut.
- Bohol — Enjoy all of the eco-friendly activities that this island is famous for like the fantastic diving spots in Tagbilaran or enjoy the company of Tarsiers and butterflies in its reservations. The scenic view of Chocolate Hills will also make the motorcycle ride worth the take.
- Cebu — The province consists of Cebu Island, as well as 167 smaller islands, including Mactan, Bantayan, Malapascua, Olango and the Camotes Islands, are known for their beaches and dive sites. Enjoy areas like Osmena Peak, Kawasan Falls, Moalboal, and other historical locations on the island.
- Palawan — Palawan consistently ranks in travel articles as one of the world’s best islands. It’s home to the famed Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Palawan has lots of laid-back beach towns as well as top tourist hubs with nightlife and dining options. There’s no traffic whatsoever in the main highway making it safe to ride around.
- Siargao — Another great beach and surfing location. The island’s coastline is marked by a succession of reefs and white sandy beaches. The neighboring islands and islets have similar landforms and contain the largest mangrove forest reserves in Mindanao at Del Carmen. The island has also established the use of motorcycles for the full travel experience.
There’s no better way to take motorcycle road trips but to use the best motorcycles around. Honda Philippines, Inc. (HPI), the No. 1 motorcycle manufacturer in the Philippines, provides riders the best and safe riding experience through their cutting-edge motorcycles.
Joniel Onting, a Honda Click Rider and proud member of the Click Squad Cebu Inc., shares his ride with his Honda Click to travel to different places in Cebu and beats the everyday traffic to work. The farthest he has ridden using the Honda Click is 91.5km from Cebu City to San Remigio which is almost a 2 and a half-hour ride.
“My favorite part when going for long travels is that I get to see all the beautiful and historical places here in Cebu. Mas enjoy namin ng girlfriend ko ang oras at lugar. We are creating good memories.Thanks to my Honda Click,” he said.
This signifies how the company remains true to its “ONE DREAM” campaign, which is helping fulfill people’s dreams by allowing Filipino riders experience the joy of mobility. And in today’s reality, provide them with a memorable travel experience while keeping them safe.
But still, it is important for everyone’s cooperation so we can flatten the curve and make things normal again and finally go out to discover the world around us.
There is a lot more to explore from Honda’s wide array of motorcycles. For more details about Honda products and promos, visit our website www.hondaph.com and follow our Facebook page, Honda Philippines, Inc. and Instagram, @hondaph_mc.
Curious about what to consider as your solo ride? Watch out for our next article about what makes a perfect and practical ride during this pandemic.
Photo Courtesy: The Pinay Solo Backpacker, Escape Manila, Esquire, Explore Traveloka, Vigattin Tourism, Interkultur, Lonelyplanet, TTR Weekly, Guide to the Philippines, MOTODEAL, Top Gear Philippines,