Motorcycle ridesharing company Angkas announced on Monday, March 23, 2020, that they will be servicing food delivery. Angkas Food will be operational starting Tuesday, March 24.
In a tweet, Angkas cheekily said that while delivering food “isn’t their expertise,” they were launching the service to provide food options and income for their bikers while a Luzon-wide lockdown is in place. Their bikers – or riders – get all the proceeds from the delivery fee.
How Angkas Food Works:
1. Call the restaurant. (Contact the restaurant you want to order from that is on Angkas’s list of partner restaurants, and an Angkas rider will deliver it for you. There is no need to book a rider on the app yourself.)
2. Pay the restaurant for the order using cashless if possible.
3. Leave your contact details with the restaurant.
4. Meet the rider upon arrival.
5. Pay for the order (if COD), delivery fee, and any parking fee if applicable.
Angkas gave the assurance that 100 percent of the delivery fee goes to the riders. This is one way to help their riders and costumers especially tough times like this.
additional report: MB, Rappler,
Image source: Angkas