Makati City, Philippines, May 24, 2019 –(PR.com)– JDA Software Inc., hosted the fifth annual JDA Supply Chain ASEAN Summit (SCAS) on 23rd May in City of Dreams, Parañaque City, showcasing its supply chain platform strategy to accelerate business’ digital transformations.
The event titled “Seamless supply chain for seamless customer experience” highlighted to the audience of retail, manufacturing, and logistics professionals the power of an Artificial Intelligence(AI)/Machine Learning(ML)-enabled SaaS platform that will allow companies increase their competitive edge and positively impact the bottom line.
As ASEAN businesses strive to integrate as a region, JDA’s Vishal Dhawan, Vice President, Growth Markets kicked off the event by setting the context on how JDA, through its cognitive, connected, end-to-end supply chain platform can help companies integrate their entire supply chain systems and network with their existing and future partner ecosystem. This, future-proof moonshot, he emphasized, was the way forward to achieving an autonomous supply chain.
In his keynote address, Martin Dube, Group Vice President, APAC, elaborated on the digital revolution trends as seen in manufacturing retail and logistics domains and the power of new pervasive technologies like AI and the Internet of Things (IoT) will help drive faster results in achieving higher efficiency.
Throughout the conference, there were many key speakers that discussed a variety of topics, including the following:
- Petrus Carbonell, Head of Business Development at Lazada, gave an inspirational narration of the Lazada story, whose mission is to accelerate progress in Southeast Asia through commerce and technology. He discussed how Lazada is successfully is leading the way with its vision – Lazada’s Entrepreneurial Way — and had the audience in rapt attention.
- In his presentation, Daniel Kohut, Senior Director, Solutions Consulting, APAC, shared how the future of retail will be defined by delivering a seamlessly connected and curated customer experience across every touchpoint in the shopper journey.
- JDA’s Senior Solutions Advisor, APAC, Santosh Bhakta, highlighted the emerging new DNA of current supply chains and how enabling effective sales and operations planning can help achieve higher profitability and increased margins for the businesses.
- Charlie P. Villaseñor, Chairman of the Board, Procurement & Supply Institute of Asia (PASIA) & CEO of TransProcure Corporation discussed the three key elements that will help drive supply chain excellence in a digital economy – ethics, excellence and e-enablement.
- JDA’s Richard Ryan, Senior Industry Strategy Advisor, APAC, gave illustrations that demonstrated how consumers’ expectations and technology enablers had disrupted the logistics industry. He also covered how new technologies like AI- enabled cognitive, connected and all-digital warehouses and control towers of the future are rapidly being adopted in the industry.
- IBM’s Michael Viray, Portfolio Leader, Power Systems, ASEAN, shared the latest developments in AI and deep learning to help manufacturers leverage advanced analytics to improve quality of service, contain costs and improve productivity.
- Alamelu Ganesh, Senior Manager, EY (Ernst & Young), presented on the logistics industry trends, challenges and the technologies that are enabling the digital transformation journey.
- John Boe, Senior Director of JDA Client Services, Genie Technologies, concluded the last of the presentations for the day on how leveraging the right technology will help increase supply chain efficiency and result in the seamlessly connected consumer experience.
The packed agenda included three industry panel sessions of insightful interactive discussion on retail, manufacturing, and 3PL moderated by Daniel Kohut and Richard Ryan. Panel discussions included speakers such as:
• Petrus Paolo Carbonell, Head of Business Development, Lazada
• Deedee Ledonio, President, Columbia Transport Inc (Coltrans)
• John Boe, Senior Director, JDA Client Services, Genie Technologies
• Rhett Ramos, Asia IT Director, Allegro Microsystems
• Ruth Genota, Logistics Director, Coca-Cola Philippines
• Charlie P. Villaseñor, Chairman of the Board, Procurement & Supply Institute of Asia (PASIA) & CEO of TransProcure Corporation
• Puskar Mukherjee, Supply Chain Performance Director, Unilever, Philippines
• Enrique Castillo, President & CEO of Victory Group of Companies
• Arnold Ballesteros, Senior Territory Account Manager, Zebra Technologies
• Alamelu Ganesh, Senior Manager, EY (Ernst & Young)
“Our annual user conference in the Philippines is the largest supply chain platform across manufacturing, retail and 3PL players. It has been an overwhelming response to see the enthusiasm of our customers and supply chain practitioners who join us at our event to network with their peers and learn more from the success stories of their global counterparts. Our vision is to enable them in their digital transformation journey and accelerate their way forward to run an autonomous supply chain that is agile, adaptive and self-learning,” said Vishal Dhawan, Vice President, Growth Markets, JDA.
The main sponsors of 2019 JDA SCAS included gold partner Genie Technologies, and other sponsors Zebra Technologies and Strategic Synergy Inc.