Everyday, the skin is exposed to the damaging effects of the environment. Although it’s been around since the mid 1950’s, vitamin drip therapy isn’t very well known to the general public. It’s not much of a secret to Hollywood’s top celebrities, though – Simon Cowell, Cindy Crawford, Geri Halliwell, Madonna, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Kate Upton have all spoken highly of the procedure.
One of the therapy services of HICC is the infusion of Glutathione with Vitamin C. Glutathione and Vitamin C IV significantly reduces the damage and death of dopamine-producing neurons, improving patients’ symptoms and quality of life. The treatment can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half.
As for someone who has never experienced having an IV drip therapy, I have to admit that I was nervous when I saw the nurse walking up to me holding a medical tray containing various tools. The nurse said that the prick of the needle is just like a bite of an ant. I realized that she was lying to me as I was holding my breath when the needle punctured my skin. The worst feeling was when she started looking for my vein because she said that my vein was too small. After the not-so-painful needle pricking session, the comfortable ambiance of HICC’s treatment room made me forget the pain. My arm is resting above a soft pillow and I was watching a very entertaining movie throughout the whole hour of the treatment. Hoping to feel better and healthier for the next day.
Here are the top benefits of Vitamin C and Glutathione for your skin:
1. The skin can get damaged when overexposed to the sun. What Vitamin C does is reduce the damages caused by free radicals such as dry skin, wrinkles and premature signs of aging.
2. Studies also show that Vitamin C can also help reduce sunburn due to exposure to Ultraviolet B radiation.
3. Vitamin C regulates the production of collagen, which keeps the skin supple and youthful-looking.
4. Glutathione slows down the formation of melanin, which is responsible for skin darkening or hyper-pigmentation.
5. If you have sunspots from direct prolonged exposure to the sun’s UV rays, Glutathione also helps reduce them by getting rid of the free radicals and toxins that cause them.
Contact Holistic Integrative Care Center (HICC)
Address: UG-11 CPT Condominium, Calle Estacion, Makati City, Philippines
PHOTOS: Shena Formanes, EJ Dy Buncio