Have you been watching K-dramas all day? Are you even aware that you’ve wasted half of your day scrolling through Facebook? Or maybe you’ve been busy editing your Instagram photo and coming up with a perfect caption for almost an hour?
I must admit, I am that “typical millennial” who spends far too much of my leisure time hooked on digital gadgets and technology. Sometimes I am unaware that as I spend more time in the electronic world, I am, as well, spending less in the natural one. But I know it’s never too late. There are lots of ways out there to reconnect with nature.
So let me tell you a secret — a secret garden that will make you appreciate nature and arts and will make you head out to the shoe capital of the Philippines. Tucked away in Marikina is this peaceful haven called Rustic Mornings that offers a special and intimate garden dining experience.
Upon entering the restaurant, I was captivated by its rustic decors and the plants strung all over the place gave me that sudden burst of energy. I, then, remember a study that says that greeneries can actually soothe your mind and body. So if you’re feeling exhausted after a long week at work, this just might be the break you need.
Isn’t nice to have your first meal of the day in a picture-perfect garden restaurant? In Rustic Mornings, you have an option to stay outside and enjoy the breath of fresh air that will make you forget that you’re in the heart of the bustling city. However, if you’re not into nature, don’t worry because they have air-conditioned dining space. Either way, the ambience inside and outside is complemented by shabby chic and vintage decors that is perfect for your Instagram feed!
Aside from the cozy and homey ambience, you can never go wrong with Rustic Mornings’ sumptuous meals. Their menu boasts of their all-day breakfast which consists of rice meals with eggs.
This restaurant is definitely one of the things Marikenyos should be proud of. Why don’t you give it a try?
HOW TO GET THERE
- If you’re coming from NLEX, ride a bus bound to either Baclaran, Ayala, or Alabang. Look for buses with “Cubao-Ibabaw” signage. While if you’re coming from SLEX, ride a bus bound to either Monumento, Fairview, Novaliches or SM North. You can cross the street via the overpass to board a bus that has a “Cubao-Ibabaw” signage.
- Tell the driver to drop you off to Aurora, Cubao. You can also ride the MRT. Just get a pass for Cubao/Araneta Station and ask where Aurora Blvd. is.
- Along Aurora Blvd., look for jeepneys/FX going to either Calumpang, Parang Fortune, or SSS Village and ask the driver to drop you off at the Marikina Shoe Museum. Just a few steps from the museum, lies the classy garden restaurant, Rustic Mornings.
By car: (Directions from Rustic Mornings’ FB page)
- From Katipunan intersection entering Marcos Highway, drive slow and stay on your left side. Go up the fly over going to Marikina proper (this flyover goes to Loyola Memorial Cemetery and the Riverbanks).
- Go straight. You will see Riverbanks Mall on your right, Loyola Memorial Cemetery on your left.
- As you go further, you will reach a small bridge and at the end of the bridge is a 7-11 store. Turn right.
- Go straight. You will see a big church on your left (start driving slow now, 10km/h because a lot of people still miss the landmarks), OTTO building on your right, next to it is an RCBC bank. A little further and you will see a big tree and a small park on its right side. Turn right to the park.
- You are now in Isabelo Mendoza St. Go down the narrow road and when you see a big blue gate with little yellow capiz lights… you’ve reached Rustic Mornings.
8AM-4PM (Monday to Friday)
8AM-9PM (Saturday and Sunday)