Subsequent earthquakes were felt in parts of Luzon on Saturday afternoon.
Four earthquakes, including one with a magnitude of 6.0 struck a town in Batangas province feeling a jolt of Intensity 7.
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) reported that the first quake, with a magnitude of 5.6 and depth of 27 kilometers, struck at 3:07 p.m. a kilometer southwest of Mabini, Batangas.
Two minutes later, at 3:09 p.m., a stronger magnitude-6.0 quake struck 12 km northwest of Mabini, with a depth of 24 kM.
A third one was recorded 20 minutes later at 3:29 p.m. with a magnitude of 4.1, traced 2 kM southwest of San Luis, Batangas. The fourth quake (magnitude 4.7) happened an hour later at 4:36 p.m., 15 kM northwest of Mabini.
Phivolcs said the first two quakes were felt strongest at Intensity 7 in Mabini, Batangas.
Intensity 7 is described in the PHIVOLCS’ Earthquake Intensity Scale as “destructive.”
The two first quakes were also felt at:
- Intensity 6 in Calatagan, Nasugbu and Tingloy, Batangas
- Intensity 5 in Batangas City, Sto. Tomas and Lemery Batangas; and Tagaytay City
- Intensity 4 inDasmarinas, Cavite; Lucena City; and Pateros City
- Intensity 3 in Makati City; Pasay City; Quezon City; Muntinlupa City; Malabon City;
- Mandaluyong City; and Bacoor, Cavite
- Intensity 2 in Daet, Camarines Sur